8 Bit Rebellion Update

hahninator

Mike's latest blog post:

"A quick “8 BIT REBELLION” update. Our new game, available for the iPhone and iPod touch, will be out soon. We’ve pushed the release back a few weeks because we’re testing the game. In fact, I’m playing the game right now, making sure everything looks good. So far, there are still some minor changes to make…and I’m taking notes. We don’t want to release it until all we’ve addressed as many issues as we can!

Also, many of you have asked about the game being available for other platforms, since you don’t all have iPods (although Steve Jobs is hoping you will reconsider, ha). We’re hoping to get it out for other mobile platforms after it debuts with Apple. No word on that yet; it may take a while. For now, it will only be available on iPod and iPod touch.

Lastly, let there be no confusion: the song we released for DOWNLOAD TO DONATE is not the same song as the one on the game. The song on the game is ANOTHER brand new Linkin Park song.

For more info on 8 BIT REBELLION, go here:

http://linkinpark.com/profile/LinkinPark8BitRebellion "

Also, on Twitter, Mike had to say: "to all FM fans who are upset about the fm site going down: chill out. FM isn't dead, it's just taking a break."

Here's to hoping there is another Fort Minor album; Mike seems content telling us the project will someday be revisited. Spraypaint (LPL user) - CELEBRATE. I guess we'll get the DSP's before 8 Bit Rebellion....maybe by the end of the week? Hope they go up soon!

I am lost, everyone is talking about the DSP's, but I have no idea what they are....could someone fill me in?

I cannot wait until the game is released, every day I have checked the app store for it with high hopes, but then I just get let down. lol

I am lost, everyone is talking about the DSP's, but I have no idea what they are....could someone fill me in?

I cannot wait until the game is released, every day I have checked the app store for it with high hopes, but then I just get let down. lol

the DSP's are the recordings of the LP shows!!!!!

Yeah I want the DSP's more than the new song too. Rock am Ring 07!!!!

DSP = Digital Souvenir Package

aka: live audio of the show (http://downloads.linkinpark.com), show pictures, and a digital tour booklet

LP is selling the 2007-2009 shows online that they didn't sell previously...aka Europe 07, Europe 08, Australia/New Zealand 07, and a few random one-off shows.

DSP = Digital Souvenir Packages a.k.a live concerts that were professionally recorded.

edit: damn it......you fast people and your fast answers..

Some people who collect audio concerts go crazy about stuff like that, some people are excited to be able to hear the concert they went to in a professional recording. Some people could really care less as hearing the same live song over and over gets old..like me :D I do like when they do crazy things here and there though. That's always fun to hear. Anything as small as Chester singing Bubbles over Points of Authority (Which has never happened, but they can be quite random sometimes.)

Edited by rav0k

HELL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I told you guys FM wasn't dead! I'm so excited to hear that. I think it's like the first time Mike has talked about FM being relevant in the last 3 years or so]

Edit: Am I really the only one happy about FM coming back in the near future?

For some reason Firefox won't let me edit. Anyone else have this problem with LPL?

I told you guys FM wasn't dead! I'm so excited to hear that. I think it's like the first time Mike has talked about FM being relevant in the last 3 years or so]

For some reason Firefox won't let me edit. Anyone else have this problem with LPL?

I'm happy mike said FM isint dead but I'm not gonna get excited becose it could be 3 or 5 years till we get new FM

guys you are getting so excited, calm down

what if they release shows that we already have?

it's an itunes release so standard fans dont know anything about DSP's

Its been confirmed that there are going to be other shows than what we have already...

guys you are getting so excited, calm down

what if they release shows that we already have?

it's an itunes release so standard fans dont know anything about DSP's

I've said like 5 times that shows we DON'T already have will be released. Yes, shows we have will be offered, but UNRELEASED ones will be too.

It's an iTunes release? Where did you hear that from? I heard the opposite.

LOL he still said the same thing he's always said... they're on break. If FM was dead, he would've said that a looooong time ago.

I've said like 5 times that shows we DON'T already have will be released. Yes, shows we have will be offered, but UNRELEASED ones will be too.

It's an iTunes release? Where did you hear that from? I heard the opposite.

It's not an iTunes release