"ATS" Concert Release Show = Sold Out?

Tickets apparently have gone on sale for the "A Thousand Suns" release concert in New York City on September 14 at the Best Buy Theater. Click here for a link to the sale.

Tickets are $50.

When preordering LPUX, it was said that fans were getting an LPU email about how to preorder the tickets. Members on LPLive are now reporting that the show is SOLD OUT and somehow a password leaked out.

Anyone have a story? What's going on? An LPU email never came? I preordered LPUX and never got anything, how is the show sold out?

Can anyone explain the OUTRAGEOUS prices on StubHub and how tickets to this show ended up on StubHub while LPUers were shut out? Link here.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ok what happened was:

i am waiting for an email all morning and on lpu and lpn chats/message boards/comment pages for the events. so it comes 10AM and no email, NOTHING! its past 10:10 now and I happen to look at the comment page for the event on LPU and whoa someone guessed the code.

so i got a ticket.

stub hub? WTF

I luckily was online when the password leaked, so I got my tickets. But it's extremely low of the LPU to not give a heads up, especially for people that pre-ordered LPUX and everything. I honestly can't believe that happened.

dont get your hopes up :( the lpu tix sold out and probably only 10% of lpuers even found out the code

Ya, thats true :( Oh well, it happens. I'll just wait for 2011 when they play a probably longer setlist in MSG (most likely).

Someone guessed the password and then posted it on the LPU event page for the show. It's really messed up that we didn't get any information or email about it. Anyone who pre-ordered LPUX to get tickets basically got screwed.

I preordered LPUX. Got no email. Just went to the LPU page - whoever posted the password is a fucking idiot.

"Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available."

Screwed everyone over on the sale. Very low. Maybe this should be a hint to the LPU to not make such easy passwords to guess or maybe make a better presale that you can only access via the LPU with a link that goes live at a certain time.

I preordered LPUX. Got no email. Just went to the LPU page - whoever posted the password is a fucking idiot.

"Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available."

Screwed everyone over on the sale. Very low. Maybe this should be a hint to the LPU to not make such easy passwords to guess or maybe make a better presale that you can only access via the LPU with a link that goes live at a certain time.

what i dont understand is why they chose to do this by email. the presales worked just fine the way they were before! it was like they were trying to prevent what unfortunately happened. oops

yeah they played a killer show last time at msg. thankfully THE PRESALE CODE I GOT IN ADVANCE so i could get pit

Awesome :P Now I have something to look foward too (Unless they fuck up the setlist, but I have faith that they won't ;) ).

So wait I don't understand will tickets still be available to those who didn't pre-order via LPU?

It's very possible it won't even go on public sale and will sell out in the presale. Or the public sale will go for like 50 seconds and be completely sold out due to scalpers.

LPU/LP/management/Ticketbastard really fucked up. Even letting TM sell tix to this = screwed up.

watch the email come at 1PM EST (10 AM PST). what im afraid of is the tickets being cancelled over this. i mean good chances for those who got but seriously i was freaking out since last night about all of this. i think the best option would be to make more lpu tickets available.

honestly you can have the first ticket sold and be all the way in the back depending on how late you get there anyway. but theres always that fear of them selling out (the tickets not linkin park)

ok that was bad